Work is play

Friday night I had the pleasure of having seats reserved for me at Blue Note New York, where I went to go see Mos Def do a very interesting Jazz show. Mos was on stage for about an hour with a KICK ASS band and did renditions of some songs he enjoys. The true strangeness of the night was when he broke into a 20 minute version of Beyonce's "Crazy in Love," turning it into a somewhat socially conscious track. Mos also blessed the crowd with versions of Miles Davis' "Bitch's Brew" and Whodini's classic "Friends" before closing with "Umi Says." Overall it was a fun night, the place was packed, and I felt kinda important because my name was on a card saying "reserved" and, you know, it's the Blue Note, one of the most prestigious Jazz clubs ever. :o)

Yesterday was Valentine's Day, UGH. How you gonna have a day celebrating love with the initials VD!?!?!? Anyways, I spent it with my true love, VICTORY (no not Jack Victory you sick fucks). Yes I spent the night pouring over stats so I will be ready to claim my THIRD STRAIGHT crown in fantasy baseball. Yeah, I'm a dork, deal with it.

Last week two of my interviews got postponed, blech. This week I have two scheduled and on Friday I'm going to be hittin up Sarah Jones' new one woman show, Bridge and Tunnel. Should be fun, I'm pretty psyched.

Comments

Popular Posts