Yesterday I finally finished "Dispatches From the Front." The book was awesome and it really showed how war coverage has matured over the centuries. The articles about Vietnam and Desert Storm were, by far, the best reads, and the best articles. I plan on reading more about those wars in the near future. Desert Storm particularly interested me because I remember I was in middle school when it happened. After reading 400 pages of articles, however, I'm going to pick up a few novels now. Yesterday I bought "I Am Legend," Richard Matheson's classic horror tale, and "Guilty Pleasures," the first in the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series, so I'm guessing those books will take up most of the rest of the year for me.

In work news (I know I promised to try to keep work out of my blog, but this is too important) I can tell the economy sucks, it's obvious when the Magazine Publishers of America CANCELS their job fair with NO WARNING! The job fair was supposed to be this month, and I had spent the ENTIRE YEAR working as hard as I could to beef up my resume for this event and it's really a downer to hear that it won't happen. Don't try to tell me we're in an economic recovery when one of the biggest journalism job fairs in the country has to cancel it's event!

For now I'll have to continue to focus on my company and make sure it can make some money from jump. I guess that's just life, but it sure don't taste as sweet as the cereal.

Comments

Popular Posts