Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I know I enjoyed my customary meal of turkey, home-made stuffing, yams, and cranberry sauce (big ups to the parentals for cooking the amazing feast!). The table wasn't nearly as full as expected, it was just me and my parents this year.

Tonight feels strange, though. I'm back at home, and while I was on my way home it was dark and the backroads, which have very few street lights, were nearly deserted. I felt lonely. Upon arriving home I still felt that way. I tried to snap myself out of it. I'd just had a great meal with my parents, my favorite meal of the year, but I couldn't help but feel alone. I don't want to have people around me 24/7 but there are times, apparently, when I could use someone around. I guess it's human nature, but the TV's off, nobody's around, and I'm here.... by myself.

Comments

Popular Posts