The past few days have been work-filled. I essentially took the end of the week off to chill as I knew I would potentially have events Fri-Sat-Sun. Friday night I covered the comedy show in Stratford which as hosted by Talent (Kiss FM), and DJed by my friend DJ Kool Keith. The show was good and I ended up getting Talent's info, another comic's info, and the info of the guy who runs the event, so I can do a story on it.

Saturday I hit the city with my boy Flex. We started off by going to the Fuse VJ auditions, and although it took forever to find the South Street Seaport Mall (thanks, in part, to the 4, 5 and 6 trains deciding not to run correctly), eventually we not only got to audition but were also smart enough to speak with the casting director and get his info. Both Flex and I attached our resumes to the sheet they had us fill out and after speaking with us the casting director asked that we also email him our resumes. Hopefully he'll like what he sees.

After Fuse we walked by the MTV Real World / Road Rules auditions. People should seriously look in the mirror more often cuz 90% of the line was not good looking enough to be on TV. Rather than standing on line I asked to see a representative for the network. I'm too old to try out for the shows (24 is the age limit, I'm 25 on the 15th), and I just wanted to hand out another resume, which I did.

The strange happening of the day for Saturday: running into one of my grade school teachers at the train station. I was amazed I recognized her!

On Sunday I may be a media panel for the CT Hip-Hop Summit, but I still haven't heard back from the guy running it so I'm not sure. I need sleep. Peace.

Comments

Popular Posts