Take everything I say literally. Take everything I say sarcastically. Take everything I say with a giant grain of salt. Just take everything I say. Every fucking word of it.

It's me, and I've been meaning to start one of these things for a while. I've tried creating written journals before, but lost interest fast. Each time I started one, and began to look at my thoughts, I made significant improvements in my life, but for some unknown reason I just never kept up with it. You could tell if you saw the dates of the posts. It would go from every day, to once a week, to once a month. This time, however, I hope to at least have something to talk about every day. For now this blog is private, but who knows what will happen in the future. :o)

Getting things started is always the hardest, I guess I'll just go into what I did this past weekend. Well, it was uneventful, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I ended up finishing off Mezz Mezzrow's "Really The Blues" last week so I started reading "Black Mass," which is one of the books I picked up at the Pequot Book Sale the weekend before. "Black Mass" is the story of how James "Whitey" Bulger and his Irish Mob essentially took over and used the FBI in Boston starting in the mid to late 1970's. The book is so good I can't put it down. In two days I've read the first 100 pages or so. It's like reading about The Sopranos, except this was real, and Irish (hey, I'm proud of our crooks! For those who don't know I'm Irish, German, Russian and Polish.... and yes, with those backgrounds I will drink you under the table and yes, you'll still want to hand me your keys cuz I'll be fine afterwards).

My homegirl Jackie, AKA Lady Jay, gave me a call from Cali on Saturday. It's always nice to hear from her. No matter what she's going through her voice always sounds happy. She thinks she may be coming east for a visit next month, which would be great.

When it comes to ladies in my life, well, I'm single, but that's about all you're gonna find out when it comes to that topic. I don't want to turn this into a discussion about my love life, I'd rather write about my observations of the world and thoughts about life, love (just not MY love) and music.

OK, so there's some background on me, what I've been up to, and even a few thoughts. I expect this blog to contain more life stories and tons of rants about music in the coming months. Here's hoping it's a success! Peace.

Comments

Popular Posts