Just got back from the Boo Yaa Tribe listening event at Justin's and what an event it was! First off, one of my contacts basically set the whole thing up (Echo, you kick ass), so she flew in from the west coast. We've been working together for years, but this was the first time we met in person. She introduced me to the group. I joked with Godfather a bit since I had spoken with him over the phone a few weeks ago. I also found out a lot of other important people were at the event and I was lucky enough to either speak to them myself, or get introductions to them. I met up with a few people from The Source (one of whom was a beautiful woman... I wouldn't mention that normally but it starts a trend), a beautiful woman from Mun2, another beautiful woman from the WB11 News, and, most importantly, some more MTV people. To make a long story short, I let Echo know I had recently interviewed at MTV. She said "really, I'll put in a good word for you, I know Sway, actually, he's going to be here tonight. I'll introduce you." I ended up bumping into Sway first myself, then getting a second introduction via Echo. He seemed very cool about everything and hinted that he'd put in a good word for me. I met up with another dude from MTV who will potentially put in a good word for me as well. Overall it was a GREAT party, even some of the underground's finest was there as the one and only Poison Pen showed up! It was all topped off by the press gift bag they gave out which included all sorts of free gear, including a Zippo!

Earlier in the day I had a good sit down interview with Mark Ronson. I really liked a lot of his ideas and concepts and think his album will be hot. Check for the interview in the coming weeks on ReactMag.com (blatant self-promotion, but isn't that what this site is all about?).

Well, I should try to chill out a bit an maybe even get some sleep. Sleep, hmmmm, I remember sleep. Used to be a friend of mine. Peace.

Comments

Popular Posts