I started a new book today called "Dispatches From The Front." It chronicles this history of the war reporter and the advances that have been made when it comes to wartime reporting starting with the Revolutionary War and going all the way up through the Gulf War. The book starts off each chapter with a brief description of what was going on at the time of the war, and what caused the war, then has the actual articles from the newspapers of the time. So far Thomas Paine's "The American Crisis, No. 1" is my favorite piece.

In basketball news it seems my former classmate, Speedy Claxton, has been screwed once again as the Warriors just made a trade for Nick Van Exel. Speedy really deserves to start and I have to wonder if he would have signed that contract had he known the team would then trade for another point guard. It's too bad, I was really looking forward to seeing him play 30-35 minutes a night.

Comments

Popular Posts