Pop Shots – In Concert

Welcome to your weekly dose of pop world musings. Covering all things pop culture, this week Pop Shots is hitting you with thoughts on everything from Silk Sonic’s upcoming Vegas residency, to Maxim and The Chainsmokers teaming up for the concert of your nightmares, to the We Were Young festival’s “why not just sell one of your kidneys?” ticket prices, and since this is Pop Shots you know everything is seasoned with a little bit of attitude.

* The Silk Sonic duo of Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak have announced a 13 date Las Vegas residency that will begin on February 25th. Titled “An Evening With Silk Sonic,” the shows will take place at the Dolby Live theater at the Park MGM. I hope that somewhere on the tickets Silk Sonic was smart enough to note they cannot be held responsible for any baby boom that happens roughly nine months after the residency has been completed.

* Machine Gun Kelly and Megan Fox are now engaged. I’m honestly not sure what I’m more impressed by – Machine Gun Kelly’s ability to outkick his coverage, or Megan Fox’s insanely low standards.

* During an appearance on the Awards Chatter podcast, Bono said he’s “embarrassed” about his voice on some of U2’s early songs. I find that a bit odd, since I think the band’s early work is great, and what he should be embarrassed by is everything they’ve done since Achtung Baby.

* Selena Gomez is going to be a celebrity judge for this year’s Doodle for Google contest. The annual event to design unique versions of Google’s logo is open to students from kindergarten through 12th grade, and the theme for 2022 is “I care for myself by …” So guys in high school can doodle their version of self-care, and send it to Selena Gomez? I feel like I already know what some of that artwork is going to look like.

* In an interview with Cosmopolitan, Hilary Duff revealed she might want to get back in the studio, and make some new music. Nothin’ says “I know the sitcom I’m on is going to flop” like taking time in an interview about it to remind everyone you have another career.

* The Chainsmokers, and Tiesto will be headlining DIRECTV and Maxim’s Big Game Weekend concert event, which will be taking place the Friday and Saturday before the Super Bowl. Maxim, and The Chainsmokers? I can already smell the Axe body spray, and see the herpes being shared.

* The Weeknd’s Dawn FM album topped the charts in 10 countries, but not the U.S., where it was #2 behind Atlanta rapper Gunna’s DS4Ever. So I guess not everybody’s working for The Weeknd.

* In a since-deleted Instagram post, Britney Spears ranted about a number of family issues, topping everything off with, “I’m sorry Jamie Lynn, I wasn’t strong enough to do what should have been done … slapped you and Mamma right across your f*cking faces !!!!!” Comments like that really make me miss Celebrity Deathmatch.

* The When We Were Young festival released its official lineup, and it’s filled with pop punk, and emo faves from the Warped Tour era. The festival will take place in Las Vegas on October 22nd, and while the lineup may remind folks of their youth, the ticket prices are fully grown, starting at $224.99. Something tells me not even the hugs will be free.

That’s all for this edition of Pop Shots, but come back next Monday for more shots on all things pop.

Comments

Popular Posts