About Me

Name: Adam Bernard
Home: Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
About Me: Entertainment journalist with 15+ years of experience. Supporter of indie music. Lover of day baseball, fringe movies, & chicken shawarma. Part time ninja. Nerdy, but awesome.
See my complete profile
Bios & Press Releases

Bios: $200-$300
Press Releases: $50

Check out samples here

For more info, or to set something up, email me

Popular Columns

The Struggles Foreign Artists Face in the US, & How to Overcome Them


Ten Secrets for Making a Show a Success Despite a Low Turnout


What Happens to an Artist When Their Record Label Folds

Who The Heck Is Adam B?
Sunday, January 01, 2017

Hi, I’m Adam Bernard, but you can call me Adam B (I’m the smiley guy in the Mets hat). I've been working on the media side of things in the music industry since 2000. Below are my current, as well as some of my previous, gigs, as well as my contact info.

Note: This page gets updated over time.

CURRENT GIGS

Various National Publications & Websites
Contributing Writer and Editor
December 2000 - Present

Over the course of my career I've placed over 200 features, including 14 cover stories, in publications of the entertainment, music, men’s, women’s, pop culture, youth culture, and art genres.

I’ve also written for a plethora of websites that have covered every genre of music and entertainment.

Magazines published in include: Substream, Foam, Vapors, Soak, Elemental, The Source, XXL, metro.pop.

Prominent interviews include: Katy Perry, Paramore, LL Cool J, Ice Cube, Olivia Munn, Charlie Murphy, Jerry Ferrara, Lennox Lewis, Russell Simmons.

AdamsWorldBlog.com
Founder and Editor
August 2003 - Present

My award winning music and entertainment blog (you're on it right now!). Currently I write my long-running pop culture comedy column, Pop Shots, and my NYC indie music column, for the site. Adam's World has been mentioned everywhere from The New York Times to The Stamford Advocate.


OTHER NOTABLE GIGS

Myspace.com
Contributing Writer
June 2016 - June 2017

I booked and conducted artist/celebrity interviews, wrote a weekly Throwback Thursday column, and booked album, song, and video premieres.

Prominent interviews include: Colbie Caillat, Everclear, Brendan Robinson of Pretty Little Liars, O-Town, Nelson, t.A.T.u.

SonicBids.com
Contributing Writer
January 2015 - September 2016

I wrote an artist advice column with topics ranging from how to effectively run a crowd-funding campaign, to what happens to an artist when the label they're on folds.

My column on how to sell more merch at shows was the eighth most read feature on all of Sonicbids in 2015.

Arena.com
Staff Writer
August 2008 - April 2015

I wrote a weekly column for Arena covering NYC's independent music scene, and contributed feature story interviews with mainstream artists of all genres. My interview with a capella group Pentatonix generated 16K views in under 48 hours.

Prominent interviews include: Echosmith, Avril Lavigne, Sugar Ray, Soul Asylum, Shaggy, Mike Doughty, Clean Bandit, Tove Lo, Pentatonix, 3 Doors Down.

Fairfield County Weekly
Music Columnist
October 2008 - June 2011

Wrote a bi-weekly column that focused on both the local and national music scenes. Columns were syndicated in all of the state’s Weekly papers.

Beyond Race Magazine
Entertainment Editor
May 2006 - August 2009

Helped launch the arts and culture publication and build it from a free NYC magazine to a national publication with a circ of over 100k at its height. Played a major role in arranging the magazine’s first national television appearance.

RapReviews.com
Contributing Writer
May 2005 - December 2016

I booked and conducted artist interviews, wrote opinion-based columns, and ran multiple podcasts. Although I’m not technically contributing anymore, I still write a year-end best-of list for the site.

Prominent interviews include: RZA, Scarface, Dru Ha, Styles P, The Game, Sean Price, Pharoahe Monch, CNN, Warren G, Fat Joe, Juvenile.


CONTACT INFO

* If you’re a publicist, or editor, who’d like to get in touch with me, or if you’re someone who can hook me up with a bit part getting mauled by a CGI creature in a Syfy film (it's on my bucket list), please email me at ASB1978000@aol.com.

* If you’re an artist, or someone who simply wants to laud unbelievable amounts of praise on me, please email me at AdamsWorldBlog@gmail.com.

If you’re an artist who decides to add me to your email list without my permission I will not only delete your emails, I will sign you up for a dating profile on FarmersOnly.com where I will weave a tale about how you might love your cows just a little too much.

You can also follow me on Twitter at @adamsworldblog.

Labels:

posted by Adam Bernard @ 7:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Follow

Email List

Latest Interviews

James Roland
creator of Blood Drive


FITNESS


Mr. Lif & Akrobatik


PackFM

Magazine Articles

Rocko The Intern

July 2010 - January 2013
    Older Posts                 Newer Posts