Lena Katina Talks t.A.T.u. History


When the video for t.A.T.u.’s “All The Things She Said” was released in 2002, featuring the then teenage Russian pop duo embracing in the rain, it launched Lena Katina and Julia Volkova into the spotlight almost overnight.

t.A.T.u. became pop stars on an international level, and according to Katina, even without social media, or gossip blogs, the rigors of instant fame were a lot for two 15-year-olds to handle. “I wasn’t taking pictures with my family for a while,” she says, “because literally, the cameras would drive me crazy.”

Currently working on her own material, having released her first solo album, This Is Who I Am, in 2014, as well as a Spanish language album, Esta Soy Yo, earlier this year, Katina is now prepping a Russian language album.

I caught up with her to get the full story on t.A.T.u.’s rise to fame, eventual breakup, and her current solo career.

Read the full interview at Myspace.com.

Comments

Popular Posts