About Me

Name: Adam Bernard
Home: Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
About Me: Music journalist with 15+ years of experience. Supporter of indie artists. Lover of day baseball, fringe movies, & chicken shawarma. Part time ninja. Nerdy, but awesome.
See my complete profile
Bios & Press Releases

Bios: $250-$300
Press Releases: $50

Check out samples here

For more info, or to set something up, email me

Artist Advice e-book

Muscle For Your Hustle What Every DIY Musician Needs to Know (2011)

A collection of 22 of my best artist advice articles

Pick it up for just $1

Photo Ops

w/ Beautiful Bodies ('15)


w/ Michael Imperioli ('14)


w/ Millionaires ('12)


w/ Adam Duritz, iLLspoKinN & Notar ('10)


w/ Kevin Pereira on the old set of
Attack of the Show ('09)

Magazine Articles

Rocko The Intern

July 2010 - January 2013
Who The Heck Is Adam B?
Saturday, April 02, 2016

Hi, I’m Adam Bernard, but you can call me Adam B (I’m the smiley guy in the Mets hat pictured above with Beautiful Bodies). I've been working on the media side of things in the music industry since 2000. Below are my current, as well as some of my previous, gigs, as well as my contact info.

Note: This page gets updated over time.

CURRENT GIGS

Myspace.com
Contributing Writer
June 2016 - Present

I conduct artist interviews ranging from well established acts, to up and comers. I also write up album/video premieres, and cover pretty much every genre.

SonicBids.com
Contributing Writer
January 2015 - Present

I write an artist advice column with topics ranging from how to effectively run a crowd-funding campaign, to what happens to an artist when the label they're on folds.

My column on how to sell more merch at shows was the eighth most read feature on all of Sonicbids in 2015.

RapReviews.com
Contributing Writer
May 2005 - Present

I frequently contribute topical columns to the site having to do with what's going on in hip-hop today, but with my unique view on things as someone in his late 30s who bought his first rap album in 1988. I also have an interview-based podcast on the site titled The Drunk Train.

AdamsWorldBlog.com
Founder and Editor
August 2003 - Present

My award winning music and entertainment blog (you're on it right now!). Currently I write my pop culture comedy column, Pop Shots, and my NYC indie music column, for the site. Adam's World has been mentioned everywhere from The New York Times to The Stamford Advocate.

Various National Publications
Contributing Writer and Editor
December 2000 - Present

Over the course of my career I've placed over 200 features, including 14 cover stories, in publications of the entertainment, music, men’s, women’s, pop culture, youth culture, and art genres.

Magazines published in include: Substream, Foam, Vapors, Soak, Elemental, The Source, XXL, metro.pop.

Prominent interviews include: Katy Perry, Paramore, LL Cool J, Ice Cube, Olivia Munn, Charlie Murphy, Jerry Ferrara, Lennox Lewis.


OTHER NOTABLE GIGS

Arena.com
Staff Writer
August 2008 - April 2015

I wrote a weekly column for Arena covering NYC's independent music scene, and contributed feature story interviews with mainstream artists of all genres. My interview with a capella group Pentatonix generated 16K views in under 48 hours.

Prominent interviews include: Echosmith, Avril Lavigne, Sugar Ray, Soul Asylum, Shaggy, Mike Doughty, Clean Bandit, Tove Lo, Pentatonix, 3 Doors Down.

Fairfield County Weekly
Music Columnist
October 2008 - June 2011

Wrote a bi-weekly column that focused on both the local and national music scenes. Columns were syndicated in all of the state’s Weekly papers.

Beyond Race Magazine
Entertainment Editor
May 2006 - August 2009

Helped launch the arts and culture publication and build it from a free NYC magazine to a national publication with a circ of over 100k at its height. Played a major role in arranging the magazine’s first national television appearance.


CONTACT INFO

* If you’re a publicist, or editor, who’d like to get in touch with me, or if you’re someone who can hook me up with a bit part getting mauled by a CGI creature in a Syfy film (it's on my bucket list), please email me at ASB1978000@aol.com.

* If you’re an artist, or someone who simply wants to laud unbelievable amounts of praise on me, please email me at AdamsWorldBlog@gmail.com.

If you’re an artist who decides to add me to your email list without my permission I will not only delete your emails, I will sign you up for a dating profile on FarmersOnly.com where I will weave a tale about how you might love your cows just a little too much.

You can also follow me on Twitter at @adamsworldblog.

Labels:

posted by Adam Bernard @ 7:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Follow

Email List

Popular Columns

The Struggles Foreign Artists Face in the US, & How to Overcome Them


Ten Secrets for Making a Show a Success Despite a Low Turnout


What Happens to an Artist When Their Record Label Folds

Latest Podcast

The Drunk Train #9
feat. Lucy Camp
& Toussaint Morrison
Stand-Up Comedy

My set from Soce's
First-Timer's Show (April '14)
B-Lister Nation
B-Listers are a select group of artists that were featured in my Artist Of The Week series that ran every Monday from April of '06 to April of '11. All of these artists have two things in common; extreme talent, and a flight path far too under the radar for my liking. They took on the title of B-Listers as they embraced being featured by me, Adam B. Check out the AOTW Archives for all the interviews.

Friends of Adam’s World
60 Second Review
Adam John | Kid Kryptic
Always Home and Uncool
AngryMarks
Backpack Cat
Claudia Alick
Definitely Amazing
Gangstarr Girl
Fly Like Dove
FreeHipHopNow
Halo Doesn’t Suck
I Are Conscious
iHeartDilla
Jesse Abraham
Joey K’s Place
Jus Rhyme
Ken Morico
Life of a Rockstar
MC Larny Rocks
Nappy Diatribe
Nobody Beats The Liz
Paul Gargano
Pay Us No Mind
Popular Opinions
Ramblings of the BK GrrlGenius
RapDirt
RapReviews
Sleep Dirt
Speech Is My Hammer
Stamford Talk
The 54 Reality Show
The BillaBlog
The Race to Nowhere
xo Publicity

Member Of

BLOGGER

Wikio - Top Blogs - Music

Alltop, confirmation that I kick ass

    Older Posts                 Newer Posts