Vid Pick: Bryant Dope - Take It All


As someone who's been listening to hip-hop since the late 80s (yes, I'm old), it takes a lot to get me excited about an artist. While I'm happy the current generation has its versions of the emcees I listened to growing up, most everything I hear gives me a "been there, done that" type of vibe. There are, of course, rare exceptions to this, one of which being Queens emcee Bryant Dope.

I've been writing about Dope for a little over a year and a half, and his latest, "Take It All," is yet another example of why I'm excited about his work, and his future. He not only lives up to his last name, he is equal parts intelligent, and skillful.

On "Take It All," which is off of his latest mixtape, Raw Dope 2 he implores listeners to, "Fuck a dream. Have a plan." My plan is to continue to feature Dope's work, because I think he's one of the best artists in hip-hop today.

Comments

Popular Posts