Three Things Bands Think Impress Music Journalists, But Actually Don't


As a music journalist, I receive a plethora of emails from artists pitching themselves hoping for a feature. One major issue I've seen with these pitches is that a lot of artists don't have a great understanding of what would make them an interesting person to write about. Instead, they have a habit of hyping up aspects of their career that aren't the selling points they think they are.

With that in mind, I've decided to run down the three things I see most often in emails that artists seem to think set them apart from the competition, but really don't. In an effort to make your life easier, I've included an alternative for each, so you'll have something to build on when you put together your next pitch.

Read the full column at SonicBids.com.

Comments

Popular Posts