Vid Pick: Dessa - Fighting Fish


Dessa has been one of my favorite artists since I first became aware of her work right around the time A Badly Broken Code was nearing its release date back in 2010. Note: I said "artist," not "hip-hop artist," or "female emcee," and that was very intentional, because when people ask me what kind of music I like, I usually list her within the first few seconds.

Since her first official full length release I've eagerly anticipated every project she's come out with, and every show I've been able to attend. If you're wondering what I'm so hyped up about, check out her latest, "Fighting Fish," which is off of last year's release, Parts of Speech.

I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to pick Dessa's brain on numerous occasions in interviews and conversations, and will always take advantage of an opportunity to pass along her music, and hopefully create another fan, so click play, and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts