Vid Pick: Botzy - Dunce Cap


Botzy is a hip-hip artist I met through my good friend Sketch Tha Cataclysm when the two were on tour together. With his latest single, "Dunce Cap," the Minnesota native is breaking down barriers, and doing some serious genre crossing, that I really appreciate, and dig.

"Dunce Cap" is one part hip-hop song, one part electronic music song, and while there's been rapping on electronic music songs before, the feel of "Dunce Cap" is a little different because it's based in hip-hop production, rather than simply having a hip-hop artist added to an electronic music track.

There's a warning at the start of the video noting the clip may cause seizures, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this post doesn't send you to a hospital on this lovely Friday morning. If it does... my bad, yo.

Comments

Popular Posts