Drake & Kid Cudi - Sharing The Spotlight


With so many up and coming rappers choosing to beef as a way to get on it was refreshing when both Kid Cudi and Drake were so enthusiastic when I proposed the idea of a combined interview to them. A lot of artists want the entire spotlight to themselves, but both Cudi and Drake really liked the idea of showing some unity and proving to the world that the spotlight provides enough room for more than one emcee. Here are a few of the highlights from the interview:

Kid Cudi on mutual admiration:
"I know that he’s (Drake's) gonna kill shit and I’m gonna kill shit and it’s gonna be like’97 again when you had Jay-Z, DMX, Nas, Ja Rule, you had all these great artists and they were all killin shit in their own right."

Drake on mutual admiration:
"I can say on record that I have nothing but love for Cudi. Every time I hear something good about him I’m happy because I know we’re on the same climb. I always feel his accomplishments as if they were mine."

Kid Cudi on making relevant music:
"Make sure it’s important. Make sure that the kids get it and it’s gonna be something that they want to live with forever."

Drake on the added pressure having buzz brings:
"That’s not a negative pressure, that’s a little competitive edge that we should all feel. I feel like I really have something to live up to. It’s a great thing."

Check out the full interview at 101Distribution.com.

Comments

Popular Posts