Welcome to 2006

It’s the first hours of 2006 so what am I doing? I’m sitting at my computer writing. The funny thing is the majority of the people I know didn’t do much of anything to celebrate the new year either. I think that living in and around New York City many of us don’t see New Year’s Eve as a big deal. We’ve all partied in NYC more times than we can count and every time we’ve done it it’s lasted well past midnight. And heck, I partied pretty nicely on Thursday over at Bravo. Gotta love bumping into a hottie from the gym, and gotta love it even more so when she takes the time to feel me up.

Speaking of hotties everyone can now see the Soak with my Paige Peterson cover story over on the right hand sidebar. I made a couple major additions to the sidebar the other night. I figured if I’m going to be blogging I might as well make my blog as complete as possible so I added a section where everyone can check out the covers of the magazines I have articles in that are currently on newsstands along with a dope little text area where I list all of my previous major magazine articles.

2005 was a great year for me in terms of my career. I placed over thirty articles in major print publications and had cover stories of two national magazines (Elemental and Soak). It was a tremendous step forward that I’m looking to continue in 2006. In fact, if I can manage to grow as much in ‘06 as I did in ‘05 there’s no telling where I’ll be next year at this time.

Getting more of what I like to call Hollywood interviews as ‘05 went on was huge for me. Don’t get me wrong, I still love Hip-Hop and love interviewing and working with Hip-Hop artists, but there’s something extremely alluring about Hollywood and I really feel that if I’m to take my work to the next level it’s going to be via the Hollywood route. Those lime lights sure are attractive, almost as attractive as the women I’ve been interviewing.

My first major interview of 2006 is a Hollywood interview and it’s only a day away as tomorrow I’m scheduled to be interviewing uber hottie Amber Smith. When my editor gave me the news that I’d be interviewing her I literally jumped out of my seat I was so happy. Amber Smith is a model who I had a tremendous jonesin for back when she did Playboy in 1995. The woman is still spectacular today, and only a handful of years older than me. Speaking with a gorgeous model for a national magazine.... I can’t think of a better way to start the new year.

Comments

Popular Posts