About Me

Name: Adam Bernard
Home: Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
About Me: Entertainment journalist with 15+ years of experience. Supporter of indie music. Lover of day baseball, fringe movies, & chicken shawarma. Part time ninja. Nerdy, but awesome.
See my complete profile
Bios & Press Releases

Bios: $250-$300
Press Releases: $50

Check out samples here

For more info, or to set something up, email me

Artist Advice e-book

Muscle For Your Hustle What Every DIY Musician Needs to Know (2011)

A collection of 22 of my best artist advice articles

Pick it up for just $1

Photo Ops

w/ Beautiful Bodies ('15)


w/ Michael Imperioli ('14)


w/ Millionaires ('12)


w/ Adam Duritz, iLLspoKinN & Notar ('10)


w/ Kevin Pereira on the old set of
Attack of the Show ('09)

Magazine Articles

Rocko The Intern

July 2010 - January 2013
Life Continues
Sunday, August 14, 2005
I just finished reading The Wu-Tang Manual this afternoon and I’ve got to say I’m impressed. The RZA really came through and delivered one of the best Hip-Hop books to date. It shouldn’t be too surprising, though, his lyrics have always been deep and his production style changed the entire landscape of Hip-Hop, so when it comes to putting things together he’s always been top notch and a complete perfectionist. We should all know by now that if The RZA puts his name on it, no matter what it is, it’s going to be of highest quality imaginable. What is surprising about the book, however, is the amount of information about Wu-Tang that none of us ever knew. The RZA really breaks it down and goes in depth on a number of topics, making it a must read for anyone into Hip-Hop, or music in general. There’s also a lot of philosophy and religion in the book, so scholars into those subjects might want to pick up The Wu-Tang Manual, as well.

Aside from reading I’ve also been doing a lot of writing this weekend. I have a 2,500 word cover story due for a magazine next week so I was tackling that over the past few days. Add that to the four interview week I had last week, two of which were for the article, and I’ve been pretty busy at my keyboard of late. I’ve also been hard at work devising a plan for my next great resume send out. I haven’t done one in quite a while and feel my clip book and resume are finally at a point where people will take notice when they see it.

The weekend wasn’t all reading and writing, I had planned on sitting in front of my TV and watching the Giants first pre-season game on Saturday night. Unfortunately the weather altered those plans because the refs were forced to call an 80+ minute delay due to lightning after only a handful of plays. Rather than sit through the delay, which at the time was of an unknown length, I started flipping and ended up watching Bloodsport II on one of my eight billion movie channels. Despite having that many movie channels, plus or minus a few, after watching Bloodsport II I still feel we’re missing one. I feel we could really use an all kung-fu movies channel somewhere on our cable boxes. That would be the hotness right there, if I could just go to a channel and know I’m going to see a dope martial arts flick. Maybe one day.

The week ahead is going to be slightly insane as I’m going to be at Mics of The Roundtable at The Acoustic Cafe on Wednesday, I might be at karaoke night at SBC again on Thursday, on Friday I have the second edition of The Cut at The Acoustic Cafe and on Saturday night I might be heading to Shea for the Mets game. At least I know one thing’s for sure, I shouldn’t be at a loss for things to write and talk about.
posted by Adam Bernard @ 2:31 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wuforever.com

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Follow

Email List

Popular Columns

The Struggles Foreign Artists Face in the US, & How to Overcome Them


Ten Secrets for Making a Show a Success Despite a Low Turnout


What Happens to an Artist When Their Record Label Folds

Latest Podcast

The Drunk Train #9
feat. Lucy Camp
& Toussaint Morrison
Stand-Up Comedy

My set from Soce's
First-Timer's Show (April '14)
B-Lister Nation
B-Listers are a select group of artists that were featured in my Artist Of The Week series that ran every Monday from April of '06 to April of '11. All of these artists have two things in common; extreme talent, and a flight path far too under the radar for my liking. They took on the title of B-Listers as they embraced being featured by me, Adam B. Check out the AOTW Archives for all the interviews.

Friends of Adam’s World
60 Second Review
Adam John | Kid Kryptic
Always Home and Uncool
AngryMarks
Backpack Cat
Claudia Alick
Definitely Amazing
Gangstarr Girl
Fly Like Dove
FreeHipHopNow
Halo Doesn’t Suck
I Are Conscious
iHeartDilla
Jesse Abraham
Joey K’s Place
Jus Rhyme
Ken Morico
Life of a Rockstar
MC Larny Rocks
Nappy Diatribe
Nobody Beats The Liz
Paul Gargano
Pay Us No Mind
Popular Opinions
Ramblings of the BK GrrlGenius
RapDirt
RapReviews
Sleep Dirt
Speech Is My Hammer
Stamford Talk
The 54 Reality Show
The BillaBlog
The Race to Nowhere
xo Publicity

Member Of

BLOGGER

Wikio - Top Blogs - Music

Alltop, confirmation that I kick ass

    Older Posts                 Newer Posts