About Me

Name: Adam Bernard
Home: Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
About Me: Entertainment journalist with 15+ years of experience. Supporter of indie music. Lover of day baseball, fringe movies, & chicken shawarma. Part time ninja. Nerdy, but awesome.
See my complete profile
Bios & Press Releases

Bios: $250-$300
Press Releases: $50

Check out samples here

For more info, or to set something up, email me

Artist Advice e-book

Muscle For Your Hustle What Every DIY Musician Needs to Know (2011)

A collection of 22 of my best artist advice articles

Pick it up for just $1

Photo Ops

w/ Beautiful Bodies ('15)

w/ Michael Imperioli ('14)

w/ Millionaires ('12)

w/ Adam Duritz, iLLspoKinN & Notar ('10)

w/ Kevin Pereira on the old set of
Attack of the Show ('09)

Magazine Articles

Rocko The Intern

July 2010 - January 2013
Punking The Beautiful
Thursday, June 09, 2005
Last night I decided to relent and finally tune in to Ashton Kucher’s latest project, Beauty & The Geek. As far as I can tell the main question the show ends up asking viewers is "is it better to be socially inept or borderline retarded?" Both the girls and the guys think the other side has no conversation skills and they’re both right to a certain extent. To me the funniest aspect of the show is one that’s not inherently obvious. By Kucher showing all these beautiful women to be less than intelligent (one even thought 1942 was when "Columbus sailed the ocean blue") he’s subliminally punking all the Hollywood-type women he’s ever gone out with. He’s basically saying "you think it’s great dating these women? Look at the crap I deal with!" The sad thing is most of the vapid women that should be watching probably aren’t and wouldn’t get that the joke’s on them anyways.

With the home office set up I’ve been getting A LOT more work done. The first half of the week has seen me finally get some money out of a magazine that’s owed me for two months, get another story potentially accepted, get the contact email of another editor I’m looking to pitch to, do two more interviews (Capone and Ahmad) and set up an interview with Hot Karl. I’m REALLY looking forward to speaking with Hot Karl as "The Great Escape" is one of my favorite albums of the year.

One company did something very dangerous with their mailing to me this week, they sent a DVD. Normally I hate getting promotional DVD’s because they’re poorly shot and a waste of time, but this one was different, this one was of Miri Ben-Ari. It was the fastest a DVD has ever made it from my mailbox to my PS2. DAYUM she looks fine in that "Sunshine To The Rain" video! I’m currently in the process of setting up an interview with her. Maybe she’ll even remember our meeting backstage at the Subliminal show at BB King’s.

Today or tomorrow I should hear back from a very major potential sponsor regarding whether they want to be a part of The Cut or not. They sounded into what we’re doing when we spoke on the phone so here’s hoping they say yes because a second major sponsor would be really huge for us. Over at The Cut we also finalized our August roster this week and will be designing our flyers this weekend.

I’m slightly amazed I’m getting so much work done this week. The heat has been almost unbearable and I still relying on fans to keep me cool. I have air conditioners but the effect they have on my electric bill isn’t something I’m very fond of. I’d rather be warm, or do all my work in a sleeveless shirt and shorts, than see one of my bills double over the course of a month.

Not much else to report right now. I’ll probably be spending the majority of the weekend writing up stories, watching the Mets and reading. I need a nice quiet weekend in..... at least that’s what my wallet says.
posted by Adam Bernard @ 10:25 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Email List

Popular Columns

The Struggles Foreign Artists Face in the US, & How to Overcome Them

Ten Secrets for Making a Show a Success Despite a Low Turnout

What Happens to an Artist When Their Record Label Folds

Latest Podcast

The Drunk Train #9
feat. Lucy Camp
& Toussaint Morrison
Stand-Up Comedy

My set from Soce's
First-Timer's Show (April '14)
B-Lister Nation
B-Listers are a select group of artists that were featured in my Artist Of The Week series that ran every Monday from April of '06 to April of '11. All of these artists have two things in common; extreme talent, and a flight path far too under the radar for my liking. They took on the title of B-Listers as they embraced being featured by me, Adam B. Check out the AOTW Archives for all the interviews.

Friends of Adam’s World
60 Second Review
Adam John | Kid Kryptic
Always Home and Uncool
Backpack Cat
Claudia Alick
Definitely Amazing
Gangstarr Girl
Fly Like Dove
Halo Doesn’t Suck
I Are Conscious
Jesse Abraham
Joey K’s Place
Jus Rhyme
Ken Morico
Life of a Rockstar
MC Larny Rocks
Nappy Diatribe
Nobody Beats The Liz
Paul Gargano
Pay Us No Mind
Popular Opinions
Ramblings of the BK GrrlGenius
Sleep Dirt
Speech Is My Hammer
Stamford Talk
The 54 Reality Show
The BillaBlog
The Race to Nowhere
xo Publicity

Member Of


Wikio - Top Blogs - Music

Alltop, confirmation that I kick ass

    Older Posts                 Newer Posts