Say I Yi Yi

First off, I gotta start by talking about the fantastic interview I had with 50 Cent this morning. I hadn’t spoken with 50 in a few years and I gotta say, man have we BOTH grown. The last interview we did was good, but this one turned out to be one of my all time favs. My questions were on point and really got him to open up about some things. It was an interview that had to be interrupted to tell us to stop talking because we had run over our time, but both of us were so into the conversation we didn’t want to stop.

To add to the fun of the 50 interview, I was also quoted in Charlie Walsh’s column on page two of today’s Connecticut Post! Charlie hit me up yesterday in the late afternoon and told me he was doing an article on the "Free Mongo" mix CD’s Deviouz Dollarz was putting out and he had read my interview with Mongo online (his last interview before being sent up) and wanted to talk with me about it. Big ups to Mic Profit from Deviouz Dollarz and Bam from G-Cap Management who’ve already hit me to let me know the article was dope.

With so much snow hitting my area I’ve been cooped up more often than usual. During the blizzard over the weekend I ended up watching a chunk of The Fresh Prince marathon on BET (I love Tatyana Ali) as well as catching The Rundown on HBO. The Rock is a fantastic wrestling personality, The Rundown, however, was lacking in a lot of ways. All the characters were underdeveloped and you just didn’t care about any of them. OK, I cared about Rosario Dawson, but only because she’s gorgeous and spent the majority of the movie wet.

On Monday I ended up getting sucked into The Ultimate Fighter on Spike TV. The Ultimate Fighter follows RAW and though I didn’t plan on watching it I somehow got hooked instantly. My personal background in martial arts is basically what drew me to the program, I have no interest in the Real World aspects of the show. Seeing the training regiment these guys are put through is fairly awe inspiring. I love to train, but six to eight hours a day? That’s might even be more than I can handle.

The funniest part of The Ultimate Fighter is it’s blonde host, Willa Ford. Yes THAT Willa Ford, the one who sang "I Wanna Be Bad." Not only does she put forth all the personality of an animatronic Barbie doll, but the poetic beauty of having the woman who was accused of beating Nick Carter hosting a show called The Ultimate Fighter is not lost on me at all. Quick someone call Royce the 5’9’’, we all know he could use the work.

Of course, nothing can compare to my favorite American Idol contestant from last night, a man I will simply call Captain Crunk. This man came into his audition steppin while singing "Hey Dirty (Baby I Got Your Money)." Mad respect goes out to him for that. When he started speaking, however, only Randy Jackson could understand him, and not even fully at that. Captain Crunk looked, and spoke, like the lost Ying Yang Twin. Lots of southern drawl, though they were in New Orleans so that’s to be expected, and slanguage on top of slanguage. The greatest moment of the audition came when he showed the judges his gold fronts saying that was for them, then took them off and said "and this is for your momma and your daddy" with a huge smile on his face. If anyone has an MPEG of his performance please pass it along. Captain Crunk is my favorite audition of all time. No one else would tell Simon Cowell, who looked like a deer caught in headlights, that he needs to "cut it up and get crunk!" After the audition I really wanted one of the judges to shout out "Pootie done did it again," because it really was a Pootie Tang moment.

Final Thought: OK, this one’s a bit deeper than usual. A woman at my gym was commenting to me today that when she gets on the scale she hasn’t been seeing much difference so I gave her some advice that I’d like to share with everyone: Ignore your scale, pay attention to your mirror. Seriously folks, I don’t care if your scale says you’re X amount of pounds overweight, or underweight, if you look at yourself in the mirror (and you’re not nuts) and can honestly say "I feel I’m attractive," just keep doing what you’re doing. Of course, that being said if you’re part of the ever growing population that’s massively overweight I have a message for you, too: You’re fat and disgusting, handle it!

Comments

Lisa said…
Aww,I can't believe I missed Cap'n Crunk.Oh well.And I was all over that BET Fresh Prince Marathon too.I love that show.From reading this it seems like interviewing a big time rapper is just one of those everyday things,huh?Cool,cool.I still can't believe you don't have any friends buggin your for an autograph.Your blog should have more readers-it's interesting.
Lisa said…
Oh,and have you heard of Raheem Devaughn(R&B singer)?
Adam Bernard said…
I guess not too many people have surfed on over to my little place on the web. Hey, to each his (or her) own, right?

In answer to your question about Raheem, I was actually at an event of his a couple years ago when he first signed to Jive. He can SING! Check that, he can SANG! Dude is seriously talented.

And yes, you are correct, interviews are a part of my daily life, no matter how big or small the name is.
Lisa said…
Cool.I'm waitin on his debut to drop.

Popular Posts