About Me

Name: Adam Bernard
Home: Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
About Me: Entertainment journalist with 15+ years of experience. Supporter of indie music. Lover of day baseball, fringe movies, & chicken shawarma. Part time ninja. Nerdy, but awesome.
See my complete profile
Bios & Press Releases

Bios: $250-$300
Press Releases: $50

Check out samples here

For more info, or to set something up, email me

Artist Advice e-book

Muscle For Your Hustle What Every DIY Musician Needs to Know (2011)

A collection of 22 of my best artist advice articles

Pick it up for just $1

Photo Ops

w/ Beautiful Bodies ('15)

w/ Michael Imperioli ('14)

w/ Millionaires ('12)

w/ Adam Duritz, iLLspoKinN & Notar ('10)

w/ Kevin Pereira on the old set of
Attack of the Show ('09)

Magazine Articles

Rocko The Intern

July 2010 - January 2013
At Least It's Not A Lacville '79
Tuesday, September 28, 2004
Yesterday was another day of car fun. All those people who drive new cars or get a new car every couple of years, never get to experience the fun of owning a car that’s only a year younger than all of the current freshman in high school. The latest calamity that had afflicted my car was that the driver’s side door lock was stripped. This was fine when it still worked from the inside, but on Sunday night it decided that it just didn’t want to lock, ever. I tried everything I could but there was just no lockin it. This made for another trip to my mechanic (oddly enough the episode of Seinfeld where Puddy steals Jerry’s move was on last night and I had to agree with Jerry’s assertion that "you can’t compare sex with a good mechanic, you know how much a good mechanic is worth!?!?"). The cost wasn’t nearly as bad this time around, plus I got a cool new feature, a separate door key. Yup Yup, it’s back to the 70’s with my whip! Gotta love it! At the rate I’m goin pretty soon I’ll be singing something like THIS!

Once I finally got my car back it was late afternoon. I headed to the gym and while I was on the bike I caught a bit of Oprah outta the corner of my eye. There are a multitude of TV’s in the gym, mine is always tuned to BET but the one next to me had Oprah on and I noticed her guest was kinda hot. In fact, the more I looked at the guest the more I was like "damn, wonder what she’s sellin?" One picture of Joey Buttafuoco later and I realized the hot girl was actually the Long Island Lolita herself, Amy Fisher. She cleaned up really well for a Long Island girl, plus I know she’ll pop a bitch for her man, which is, oddly enough, a quality I kinda like in a woman.

Speaking of getting popped, Roy Jones Jr. sure took one to the head on Saturday night. The crack his skull made when it hit the mat was damned scary. Speaking as someone who was inspired to hit the gym more often by watching Roy Jones fights it’s very sad to see him go out like this. All that’s left in boxing is Antonio Tarver and Bernard Hopkins and Hopkins ain’t gettin any younger.

In music related news I just caught Kanye West’s video for "Workout Plan," and though it’s nice to see Vida Guerra in a video I gotta say that even the most fanatical of fans has to admit Kanye is not a socially conscious MC. Anyone who raps kneeling down behind a girl bent over on the floor officially relinquishes any concept of social consciousness, plus the moral of the song, being thin equals happiness, isn’t exactly good. I know the video is a lame attempt at humor and the song will played off as one, too, but even in humor there is usually some level of personal truth. Sorry Kanye, I see through you and I’m not the only one. Everyone who reads me regularly knows I’ve disliked the many masks Kanye has worn to gain popularity but eventually people are going to start to realize that’s exactly what they are, masks, and no man can keep up that many faces, eventually he’ll get trapped in one of his lies.

Final Thought: Is it just me or is that eharmony guy really creepy? Every time I see those ads on TV he just seems like he should be molesting a child somewhere. Yeeeech!
posted by Adam Bernard @ 1:57 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Email List

Popular Columns

The Struggles Foreign Artists Face in the US, & How to Overcome Them

Ten Secrets for Making a Show a Success Despite a Low Turnout

What Happens to an Artist When Their Record Label Folds

Latest Podcast

The Drunk Train #9
feat. Lucy Camp
& Toussaint Morrison
Stand-Up Comedy

My set from Soce's
First-Timer's Show (April '14)
B-Lister Nation
B-Listers are a select group of artists that were featured in my Artist Of The Week series that ran every Monday from April of '06 to April of '11. All of these artists have two things in common; extreme talent, and a flight path far too under the radar for my liking. They took on the title of B-Listers as they embraced being featured by me, Adam B. Check out the AOTW Archives for all the interviews.

Friends of Adam’s World
60 Second Review
Adam John | Kid Kryptic
Always Home and Uncool
Backpack Cat
Claudia Alick
Definitely Amazing
Gangstarr Girl
Fly Like Dove
Halo Doesn’t Suck
I Are Conscious
Jesse Abraham
Joey K’s Place
Jus Rhyme
Ken Morico
Life of a Rockstar
MC Larny Rocks
Nappy Diatribe
Nobody Beats The Liz
Paul Gargano
Pay Us No Mind
Popular Opinions
Ramblings of the BK GrrlGenius
Sleep Dirt
Speech Is My Hammer
Stamford Talk
The 54 Reality Show
The BillaBlog
The Race to Nowhere
xo Publicity

Member Of


Wikio - Top Blogs - Music

Alltop, confirmation that I kick ass

    Older Posts                 Newer Posts