Woke up this morning with a blue moon in your eye... literally



Yep, that's a heart "jewel" surgically implanted into someone's eyeball. Apparently this is the new thing to do over in the Netherlands (and by the Netherlands I mean Amsterdam, not the suites at Hofstra). Call me crazy, but maybe doctors should try finding a cure for Cancer before they try to mess with optical fashion. "I'm sorry sir, you're going to die, but the good news is you'll be looking ultra-hip with this little heart we just put in your eye!" Forget jewelry, I'm still wondering what the true after effects of laser eye surgery will be. Those first patients could still go blind down the line, we really don't know. Regardless, those people messed with their eyes because they were already losing their vision, can you imagine someone potentially going blind just because they wanted a butterfly that matched their eye color? People are so stupid.

I hit the Cliffs Notes version of the Fairfield Public Library yesterday. They're renovating the real library, so they took some of the books and just threw them in a hole in the wall. Kinda sad. I came home with "Hardcore Zen," a book about a punk rock musician, who also created a lot of B-movies in the Godzilla imitation genre, who became a Zen master. A book that includes two of my favorite things, music and philosophical thought, gotta love it.

The radio show on Tuesday night featured the first of our Act A Fool April contests. I thought this one up on the fly because I had just heard J.Lo's mom won $2.4 million in Atlantic City the night before (what, looking to pay for a few more of your daughter's weddings?). The contest was this, a prize pack went to the person who did the best imitation of J.Lo's mom hitting the jackpot in Atlantic City. Freakin genius! It was funny, only mildly offensive, and a girl came through at the end of the show who did it in Spanish.

I took my radio personality into reality during the show when I went upstairs in the Barone Campus Center to grab a slice of pizza. I saw a girl who had an "A" on the ass of her jeans and noted that since that's my first initial I must have branded her and therefore she was my property. Really, there are times when I even I feel I probably shouldn't be allowed in public. LOL!

Comments

Popular Posts