Fucking drama

Tuesday night's radio show was good, but you wouldn't have known it by checkin with me. I spent the entire night stressed outta my mind. We had two guests scheduled, and a ton of MC's and singers in the lounge area waiting to meet with them, the only problem was only one of our guests showed. With that in mind BIG UPS to Melade Sol for comin all the way up from Philly to bless our listeners with some amazing freestyle vocals and a cover of Jagged Edge's "Let's Get Married" that blew the original out of the water. Also, props to all those who showed up in the lounge area to politick, including Chum Gangsta the Skrilla Guerilla, iCON the Mic King, The Order, Anshin, Chad from Horizon Music Group, Kofi from Morning Stars Music, Ty, DJ Chance, DJ Kool Keith, Cory G from 15 Minutes of Fame and Carleigh and Tara from the Fairfield Mirror. All in all, thanks in large part to Melade Sol and Ace Nurse Management, the night was a success.

In other news, my life is stagnant right now, too stagnant. I feel like if I don't change something I'm never going to advance in any way shape or form. It's not that I don't like the person I am now, but I need to improve. I need to find a full time gig doing what I love, I need to improve on aspects of my social life (just saying there's not much to do around here is a lame excuse), I need to, in essence, become an even better, more powerful, Adam. Right now I need to focus on the mental aspects of things that are holding me back, my physical is fine. I need to figure out why I'm not succeeding at certain things. Do I need that change of scenery I've been thinking about? Am I too in tune to the East Coast and it's ways? Are there too many big fish in this big sea to afford any space for a little fish to grow? Would nice sunny days do me some good? These are all questions I've been mulling over the past few days. I am my own self-help book. I like to blaze my own path through life and it's at roadblocks like these where my mind becomes slightly cluttered, and very pained. I've never been too cool with change, at least not major change, but am I at another point in my life where it might be necessary? The only thing I'm sure of is that I'm confused. I think my willingness to admit this, however, is the first step to clarity. Now that I know I'm confused all I have to do is take the proper steps to clear away those things blocking my mental vision to finally see clearly again. Time for me to start up the mental bulldozer, there's a lotta stuff I'ma have to go through.

Comments

Popular Posts