Today I didn't even have to use my A-K

Last night's radio show was tremendous! If you missed it, you stink. Not only did the show flow extremely well, and we broke a ton of new music, but Kwote and I also managed to each pull one girl in from the student center. Normally this ends up just something we do for fun, but it turned out that BOTH of the girls we pulled in work for the FU newspaper! Needless to say we made a pitch to them about doing an article on us, and they seemed pretty receptive to the idea. I'm going to pitch the story to them again tonight (I got both of their phone numbers, no way am I letting an opportunity like this slip by), so hopefully we can get something written up about our March 2nd show, which will feature Ice Water, the first group signed to Raekwon's label, Ice Water Inc., and Melade Sol, an R&B duo from Philly. I'm also pitching the story to a local paper as well. Time to do some shameless self promotion!

Still on the topic of shameless self promotion, when Kwote and I drag girls into the studio we get them to do a quick drop for us. Last night I happened to write down a new nickname for myself and the girls actually said it. Kwote's always calling me Adam the saltine (you know, cuz I'm white), so I had the girls say "you're listening to In Da Mixx with DJ Cue, Kwote Scriptures, and Adam Bernard, the sexiest saltine in the box!" It was classic. I even introduced myself to one of the girls as "Adam, the sexiest saltine in the box."

Earlier in the day I had an interview with Just Jack who's one of the coolest cats to speak with. Very down to earth, very real. Everyone should make an effort to check out his debut single, "Snowflakes," which is nothing short of amazing. With all that in mind (to steal a line from Ice Cube) I'd have to say it was a good day. :o)

Comments

Popular Posts