About Me

Name: Adam Bernard
Home: Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
About Me: Entertainment journalist with 15+ years of experience. Supporter of indie music. Lover of day baseball, fringe movies, & chicken shawarma. Part time ninja. Nerdy, but awesome.
See my complete profile
Bios & Press Releases

Bios: $250-$300
Press Releases: $50

Check out samples here

For more info, or to set something up, email me

Artist Advice e-book

Muscle For Your Hustle What Every DIY Musician Needs to Know (2011)

A collection of 22 of my best artist advice articles

Pick it up for just $1

Photo Ops

w/ Beautiful Bodies ('15)

w/ Michael Imperioli ('14)

w/ Millionaires ('12)

w/ Adam Duritz, iLLspoKinN & Notar ('10)

w/ Kevin Pereira on the old set of
Attack of the Show ('09)

Magazine Articles

Rocko The Intern

July 2010 - January 2013
Wednesday, February 18, 2004
Today I didn't even have to use my A-K

Last night's radio show was tremendous! If you missed it, you stink. Not only did the show flow extremely well, and we broke a ton of new music, but Kwote and I also managed to each pull one girl in from the student center. Normally this ends up just something we do for fun, but it turned out that BOTH of the girls we pulled in work for the FU newspaper! Needless to say we made a pitch to them about doing an article on us, and they seemed pretty receptive to the idea. I'm going to pitch the story to them again tonight (I got both of their phone numbers, no way am I letting an opportunity like this slip by), so hopefully we can get something written up about our March 2nd show, which will feature Ice Water, the first group signed to Raekwon's label, Ice Water Inc., and Melade Sol, an R&B duo from Philly. I'm also pitching the story to a local paper as well. Time to do some shameless self promotion!

Still on the topic of shameless self promotion, when Kwote and I drag girls into the studio we get them to do a quick drop for us. Last night I happened to write down a new nickname for myself and the girls actually said it. Kwote's always calling me Adam the saltine (you know, cuz I'm white), so I had the girls say "you're listening to In Da Mixx with DJ Cue, Kwote Scriptures, and Adam Bernard, the sexiest saltine in the box!" It was classic. I even introduced myself to one of the girls as "Adam, the sexiest saltine in the box."

Earlier in the day I had an interview with Just Jack who's one of the coolest cats to speak with. Very down to earth, very real. Everyone should make an effort to check out his debut single, "Snowflakes," which is nothing short of amazing. With all that in mind (to steal a line from Ice Cube) I'd have to say it was a good day. :o)
posted by Adam Bernard @ 10:45 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Email List

Popular Columns

The Struggles Foreign Artists Face in the US, & How to Overcome Them

Ten Secrets for Making a Show a Success Despite a Low Turnout

What Happens to an Artist When Their Record Label Folds

Latest Podcast

The Drunk Train #9
feat. Lucy Camp
& Toussaint Morrison
Stand-Up Comedy

My set from Soce's
First-Timer's Show (April '14)
B-Lister Nation
B-Listers are a select group of artists that were featured in my Artist Of The Week series that ran every Monday from April of '06 to April of '11. All of these artists have two things in common; extreme talent, and a flight path far too under the radar for my liking. They took on the title of B-Listers as they embraced being featured by me, Adam B. Check out the AOTW Archives for all the interviews.

Friends of Adam’s World
60 Second Review
Adam John | Kid Kryptic
Always Home and Uncool
Backpack Cat
Claudia Alick
Definitely Amazing
Gangstarr Girl
Fly Like Dove
Halo Doesn’t Suck
I Are Conscious
Jesse Abraham
Joey K’s Place
Jus Rhyme
Ken Morico
Life of a Rockstar
MC Larny Rocks
Nappy Diatribe
Nobody Beats The Liz
Paul Gargano
Pay Us No Mind
Popular Opinions
Ramblings of the BK GrrlGenius
Sleep Dirt
Speech Is My Hammer
Stamford Talk
The 54 Reality Show
The BillaBlog
The Race to Nowhere
xo Publicity

Member Of


Wikio - Top Blogs - Music

Alltop, confirmation that I kick ass

    Older Posts                 Newer Posts