OK, it's New Year's Resolution time. Last year my resolution was to read more. Well, technically it was to read AT ALL. I had been neglecting that aspect of my life up until 2003. School really had me feeling negatively towards books, but I cured that in 2003 by reading ten, count 'em, TEN full length books, many of which were scholarly. I will continue with this new hobby in 2004. I went from being a non-reader to someone who feels the need to read every night and I like it.

While that's all well and good I can't count "more reading" as my 2004 resolution. I think I've figured out two good ones, though. New Year's Resolution One, cut down on the swearing. Now that I'm on radio I really have to watch myself while I'm on the air, so why not just watch myself all the time. It's not like there are women out there saying to themselves "oooh I want a man who swears like a sailor!" Of course, any swearing resolution is completely null and void during important sporting events involving the Mets, Knicks, Giants and Hofstra. That being said, the last time any of those teams played an important game was... well let's just say it's been a while. New Year's Resolution Two, finally get started on writing a book. I have a lot of great story ideas and it's time to get them down on paper. I remember back in high school I wrote an amazing short story that I still enjoy to this day. I think I have the ability to write a great book and it's time to get started on it.

One thing's for sure, this will be a year where I'll be cooking A LOT more thanks to the awesome new George Foreman Grill I received for Christmas! Thanks Mom and Dad!

Comments

Popular Posts