I'm trying to beat the cable company. Really, I am, but it doesn't seem to be working. I noticed that I really only flip to around two dozen cable channels in any given month and I'm trying to reduce my bill by ordering only those channels, but they won't let me. C'mon Cablevision, I REALLY don't want Lifetime and WE. Can't I trade those for some important channels? And when it comes to news channels all I really need is CNN and MSNBC, you can take the others back, just give me my HBO damnit!

Anyways, I've been sick as a dawg the past few days. My throat's been hurtin and my chest has constantly felt like someone's been punching it. I'm feeling a little better today, though.

I was watching a comedian on Comedy Central the other day who really defined a situation I get stuck in a lot. Basically, every woman has a guy, one guy, they really really really like... just not like that, and it fucks our whole head up. The comedian noted that this is like going into a job interview and hearing "well everything's in order here, your resume is perfect, you're exactly what we're looking for! In fact, we're going to base all future applicants on your resume. But we're not gonna hire ya. We're going to hire somebody else who's far less qualified for the position and may even have a drinking problem." Yep, that's my life.

Tonight is going to be a quiet night in. There's very little in my wallet and I'm still feeling under the weather. Last night I stayed in and watched "Buying the Cow" on Starz. "Buying the Cow" is one of my favorite movies, it's just too damn funny and I highly recommend it.

Comments

Popular Posts