Got a bunch of new albums in the mail today including Weird Al's "Poodle Hat." Al never ceases to amaze me. On this album his parody of Billy Joel's "Piano Man" is fantastic, but his true show of genius is the song "Bob." "Bob" is not only sung in the style of Bob Dylan, but every line, like the word Bob, is a palindrome (the same backwards as it is forwards). The entire song must have taken forever to create, but it's truly a masterpiece.

Another hot album that I just listened to is T.I.'s "Trap Muzik." T.I. has a huge buzz in Atlanta and now I see why. He's basically their version of Joe Budden (right down to the same type of cover art). When I spoke with T.I. he seemed like a real cool cat, so I'm glad his album is good.

Other than listen to music, today I spoke with Jacki O, who is a great interview, got my haircut, and went to the dentist (whoo hoo). Tomorrow I have an interview scheduled with Javier. On Friday I have an interview scheduled with Murphy Lee and on Saturday I'm going to be on 1530 AM from 7 PM - 8 PM getting interviewed by CNF Music. It's going to be a busy, but fun, rest of the week. Holla!

Comments

Popular Posts